Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pilot Execugel (Discontinued)

Several months back I was shopping staples.com and stumbled across these little beauties.  They said "new" to staples, and since I had never seen them I figured they were, in fact, "new".  It said they took the standard G2 refills, which are a tried and true favorite, but they appeared a bit nicer than the average click-style pen.



The body construction is made of a solid plastic, but isn't heavy or clunky and the grip, clip, and end piece are made of metal as opposed to a shiny plastic.  They write well, considering they are a G2 refill.  I am a bold, blue ink kind of guy, so the example is using the G2 1.0mm Blue which if you haven't tried I would give it a shot.  It writes considerably smoother than the 0.7mm and lays out a lot of ink.

For me, the pen seems a little slender for my hands; my wife ended up stealing my blue one because she enjoyed it so much!  Overall for the price of $3.99 considering the more striking design compared to the G2, it may be worth picking one up before they are gone for good. 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I can't find this pen anymore ANYWHERE!!! ITS my absolute favorite! Ypu mention a refill...I have the pen. How do I open it to put in a refill????

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pen - the Pilot Exugel sure looks like a pen I bought several of for a song a few years ago. Conklin. Anyone know anything about this??

    ReplyDelete